My thoughts on my first couple days: interesting
The first day was a breeze as I ended up TOCing for teachers who want prep time so basiscally I was supervising. Second day was way more interesting. I took a job that I was kinda iffy about - Elementary Music. Basically I didn't know what to expect before going in. I kinda prepared some activities in case I had no clue what to do. Thank goodness that I had all the good kids in the morning to prep me for the rowdy kids in the afternoon! First thing when I walked into the classroom was to look at what the teacher left me. Oh man, her day book was so confusing! I had no idea what I was supposed to teach so I started to freak. But then I decided since the first couple grades were the older grades, I would have them tell me what they've been doing. Ended up going through recorder songs. It was pretty fun and at least I could tell if they were on beat or not. Then the "REAL" fun began....with the younger grades. We ended up singing songs and me playing the piano to accompany them. To fill in time, I taught them the "swimming" song in which the younger grades REALLY loved! The most hard to control class was the Kindergartens.......arg, I don't think I'm a primary teacher at all. lol. But at least nothing bad happened. phewf. So yah, guess it's interesting when I take a job that I'm not really trained in. hehe. Yay for risk-taking ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment