So today was my first day of subbing for a high school class...subbed for 2 humanities 8 and 2 socials 10 classes. Walking into the high school brought back memories of my high school days...chilling in the cafeteria, on the stairs, in front of the lockers and so on. I hafta admit it was a bit terrifying to see that the students that I'll be teaching would be towering over me. But I put on a tough front and I think it worked since I didn't have any major problems with the kids. I would say that the grade 8s are much easier to teach than the grade 10s. I think the grade 8s haven't really discovered how to make life difficult for subs yet. haha. I'm still glad that I decided to teach elementary kids instead of high school kids as my career. I'd probably fit in as one of the high school students. One student asked me where I got my glasses and then asked if it was Dolce & Gabbana brand. I forgot that kids can be quite materialistic and brand name oriented.
On a good note, I was able to catch up with an old teacher of mine who taught at that high school. He taught me Physics and Biology in grades 11 and 12. It was nice to see how he was doing and stuff. He has a pretty good memory to remember me, my sister, and other students that he had...I mean it has been at least 6 years since I last saw him. Very impressive. hehe. He was probably one of my favourite teachers in high school.
2 comments:
you were at FH? Was it MRW that you met up with? Wow, he must feel old now that he sees you teaching!
hehe, yah, it was him that I saw. He's still doing the grad stuff. LOL
Post a Comment