Monday, March 21, 2011

lamb...yum!

So we bought this huge lamb shoulder a while back and stuck it in the freezer. We finally dug it out and decided to make it for dinner. Since I had to work, I decided to stick the lamb in the slow cooker (which would help the meat fall of the bone anyways). For the sauce, I made a mango mint yogurt sauce. Found the sauce recipe online and tweaked it a bit

Lamb:
marinated with coarse salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary
slow cooked with onion in broth and white wine

BEFORE AND AFTER

Yogurt sauce:
fresh cilantro, dried crushed mint, mango, garlic, onion, salt, lemon juice and yogurt. For the yogurt, I drained it overnight over a coffee filter so that it would be thicker and less wet. I used very little garlic and onion and used more mango.

Mashed Potato:
lots and lots and lots of potato, cream cheese, water, salt and dried dill weed


All in all, I would say my first attempt was pretty successful. At least hubby liked it :)

No comments: