Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spinach, Bacon and Mushroom Quiche

For those who know me, I love coupons! What better way to use a coupon than on a sale item!  And that is what prompted me to by some unbaked pie shells.  Now what to do with these pie shells?  Bake a quiche! And being the frugal person that I am, do I go out and buy my ingredients to make the quiche?  Nope, like all my other recipes, I make things based on what I have at home.  

Ingredients:
6 slices of maple flavoured bacon - cooked and diced
half of an onion - diced
1 can of mushroom
Fresh baby spinach (about a spinning basket full) - chopped
6 eggs
1 and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1 and 1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 9 inch unbaked shell

Preheat oven to 375F.  Pan fry the bacon until cooked, put aside on paper towel to soak up oil/fat. Then dice the bacon into bits. Drain out most of the fat from the pan.  In the same pan, cook the onion, mushroom, bacon and spinach.  In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, mustard and paprika.  Add the cooked onion, mushroom, bacon and spinach.  Pour mixture into unbaked shell and bake for approximately 40 min.

Sautee of bacon, mushroom, spinach and onion
ready to be baked


all done baking!
a couple of slices of the quiche


No comments: