Friday, April 15, 2005

The Curse of being a Teacher

So I went down the states the other day for the Tulip Festival in Skagit Valley (Washington State). There were fields and fields of tulips...all of which were different colours. Really pretty I tell ya. But what does that hafta do with the curse of being a teacher? Well, let me tell you. After visiting all the fields, we decided to go shopping at Burlington and then to Bellisfair in Bellingham. Now when you hear the word shopping, usually pictures of clothes or shoes are being formed in most people's minds. Let's just say that I spent most of my money buying books....that's right, you heard me...BOOKS!! Although I do hafta admit they were cheap...(bought a Judy Blume book for only 1.99!) but still!! So anyways, when we got to the border to go home, we told the customs officer that all we had were books and tupperware (for my apartment). I don't think he believed us because he was like that's it? And then he searched our trunk. So that is my story...I have the curse. My bookcase is filling up with books and books and books of all kinds (storybooks, picture books, children novels, teaching resources, etc). And I know it will continue to grow so I guess it's a good thing that I like to read =)

1 comment:

Becks said...

Hahaha, you know you're a teacher when... I should lend you my childhood collection of books, after all they're just collecting dust somewhere. You can have even more books to read! =)